The program will change the future of filmmaking by educating a new generation of filmmakers to be ethically aware and to create inclusive filmmaking environments. The M.F.A. in Digital Filmmaking, Filmmaking Concentration will provide students with:
- A clear understanding of the principles and foundations of film and media production.
- Exposure to best practices of film and media production, taking into account artistic, aesthetic and technological variables.
- Opportunity to meet, network and collaborate with professionals in the field of film/media production.
- Exposure and practice in the creation of various forms of scriptwriting and storytelling including fiction, non-fiction, experimental, animation, short film and series television.
- Build proficiencies in all aspects of media production (film, video, animation and virtual reality, etc.) in order to compete in the artistic and technical environment locally and internationally.
- Pursue areas of individual interest in film/media production by offering a wide range of courses taught by professionals from the field
- Personal and career development to equip graduates for 21st-century employment
- Provide a collaborative and positive environment essential in any creative environment.
- Provide opportunities for successful networking with the artistic or industrial communities that our students plan to engage within their careers.
Students will develop and demonstrate:
A. Competence in multiple aspects of film/television/media production: directing, producing, cinematography, sound design and/or editing.
B. Fluency in various forms of media expression such as documentary, experimental, television and fiction film.
C. A professional level of technical prowess in at least one production area.
D. Competence in writing professional-quality scripts in their various forms.
E. A distinctive artistic voice recognized by the field.