SPRING 2018 GRADUATION DEADLINES
- February 15, 2018 – Thesis Formatting Workshop
- March 9, 2018 – Initial Thesis Format Review Deadline
- March 16, 2018 – Initial Dissertation Format Review Deadline
- April 13, 2018 – Recommended Thesis/Dissertation Defense Deadline
- April 18, 2018 – Embargo Request for Manuscripts Deadline
- April 18, 2018 – Approved Formatting for Manuscripts Deadline
- April 23, 2018 – Degree Requirement Completion Deadline
SUMMER 2018 GRADUATION DEADLINES
- July 6, 2018 – Initial Thesis/Dissertation Format Review Deadline
- July 13, 2018 – Recommended Thesis/Dissertation Defense Deadline
- July 13, 2018 – Embargo Request for Manuscripts Deadline
- July 13, 2018 – Approved Formatting for Manuscripts Deadline
- July 23 2018 – Degree Requirement Completion Deadline
Every candidate for a degree from Georgia State University must apply for graduation at least two semesters before the one targeted for Commencement. No graduation will be approved without prior registration.
Upcoming graduation-related deadlines are listed above and on the complete Graduation Calendar.
Every candidate for graduation must be registered during the semester of completion of all graduation requirements, including thesis/dissertation defense, performance, or gallery show. Departments may determine the extent and type of hours that must be taken by the candidate during the concluding semester. Activation regulations are explained in the general university-wide section of the graduate catalog. The semester of completion is defined as extending until the first day of the semester immediately following the semester in which degree requirements have been completed.
Thesis/Dissertation Preparation Guidelines: All thesis and dissertations required as part of a degree program will be accepted ONLY in digital .pdf format. All electronic files submitted for partial fulfillment of degree requirements must conform to the university standards before final approval is granted by the Office of Academic Assistance. This guide explains in detail and gives specific examples of precisely how the format and typeface of the document should appear. See the Graduation Calendar for submission deadlines. Thesis Dissertation Guidelines
Thesis/Dissertation Word Template: This template is preformatted according to the College of the Arts’ formatting guidelines, and has comments explaining each required section. The template is a mandatory requirement for all thesis and dissertation submissions. New Thesis and Dissertation Template
COTA Recognition Celebrations: Graduating masters students have the opportunity to participate in the College of Arts’ Recognition Celebrations in the fall and spring. Visit the Event Website to learn more.
Thesis/Dissertation Signature Form:
Thesis/Dissertation Signature Form
Non-Thesis Signature Form:
Non-Thesis Signature Form
Survey of Earned Doctorates:
Survey of Earned Doctorates