1. The search Committee approval form (Appendix B) will be submitted and approved with the vacancy request (Appendix A).
2. The College HR Office returns a copy of the approved Search Committee Form to the Department and maintains the original on file.
Search Committee Information and Responsibilities:
- It is the primary responsibility of the Search Committee Chair to ensure the search is conducted according to University guidelines and procedures.
- It is the responsibility of the department’s recruiting unit to obtain 3-5 members for the search committee:
- A department with 15 or more faculty must have a search committee of at least 5 members
- A department with less than 15 faculty must have a committee of at least 3 members
- The recruiting unit may, if it chooses, have a representative from outside the recruiting unit. Recruiting units are encouraged to establish committees with diverse membership, which includes, if possible, members of an underrepresented group and/or protected class. All committee members are responsible for promotion of diversity within the department. The search committee will keep records on the search committee, including the chair of the committee, and the race and gender of each member.
- The Search Committee Chair/department will complete the Affirmative Action Recruitment and Selection Report (Appendix B) for each Faculty Search and forward it to the College HR Office.