Submit an Approval of Pool:
To interview candidates, the department completes and submits an Affirmative Action Checklist and Approval of Pool form (AOP Appendix C). The AOP is submitted after the closing date for applications has passed and prior to the first set of interviews. The name, race and gender of each candidate (if known) to be interviewed must be listed on the AOP. The underutilization numbers (the CAFIF survey) must be requested from ODDEP to complete this form.
1. Forward AOP to the College HR Office along with:
- a copy of the published ad and targeted recruitment ad,
- a copy of the approved Appendix B; and
- the vita of each candidate listed on the Appendix C. The HR Office reviews the form and submits it to the Dean and ODDEP for review and approval
2. Candidate pool is approved for interview: ODDEP will contact the HR Office within 48 hours (2 working days) of receiving the packet to approve the pool or discuss problems that require attention. ODDEP notifies the HR Office of approval of the pool. The HR Office forwards the approval to the department via email. The department will pick up the original AOP and vitas from the HR Office.
3. Once ODDEP approves the AOP, the candidates can be interviewed.
4. NOTE: The appropriate Associate Dean must be included on candidate interviews.
NOTE: Prior to contacting individuals employed by another University System of Georgia institution to schedule an interview, departments must request authorization from the home institution. Please forward an email requesting authorization to the HR Office. The HR Office will forward the authorization request to the Provost, who will secure the appropriate approvals.
Amended Approval of Pool:
If the search committee wishes to interview additional candidates, the department must submit an amended AOP form to the HR Office for processing.
To amend the interview pool:
- On the original approved AOP, write in (and highlight) the name, race and gender of the additional candidates you would like to interview.
- Attach the approved Appendix B.
- Attach the vitas of the additional candidates you would like to interview. *You do not need to attach the vitas of candidates who have previously been approved.
- Submit the Amended AOP and attachments to the HR Office. The HR Office reviews the form and forwards it to the Dean for approval and then to ODDEP for final approval.
Additional Information Regarding the Approval of Pool:
To assist in identifying the pool of candidates, it is important to contact ODDEP to request responses/tallies from the CAFIF survey sent out earlier. All CAFIF information is maintained by ODDEP and logged according to Log number. When requesting responses/tallies, please have your Log number available.
Interviews should be conducted after the interview pool is approved by ODDEP and with every assurance that the University is complying with State, Federal and its own policies on AA/EEO.
The Search Committee Chair will be responsible for providing the committee members with an overview of appropriate and inappropriate search procedures.