NOTE: All faculty and staff hires are contingent upon a background check.
- The College HR Office will submit the Applicant Clearing House posting for each approved position. The Department will submit a Word document copy of each position advertisement to the College HR Office.
- The College HR Office forwards the documents to ODDEP to advertise the position within the University System of Georgia. Please track the position Log Number.
- The department must send all applicants the link to the Confidential Applicant Flow Information Form (CAFIF). The CAFIF can now be completed online here. The purpose of this form is to allow applicants to self-identify by race/ethnicity and gender per OFCCP regulations.
Important Information Regarding Advertising:
- Advertisements are the responsibility of the department conducting the search.
- There must be at least one advertisement in a national publication (print or online). Ads should run for a minimum of 5 days.
- All faculty positions must be advertised in the Applicant Clearinghouse.
- Limited-term faculty positions do not require an advertisement.
All faculty openings are anticipated hires and should include language accordingly. Example: “The Department of Biology invites applicants for two anticipated non-tenure track Lecturer positions in Introductory Biology.”
All ads must specify:
- That the position is an anticipated hire pending budgetary approval
- Minimum qualifications
- The semester of hire
- Instructions for submitting application data
- The EEO-AA statement: “Georgia State University is an AA/EEO employer.”
- Background contingency statement: “An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification.”
It is strongly recommended that a GSU logo be used when printing a box advertisement. Re-advertisement is required if the search process is changed. Rigorous recruitment procedures are expected for each search to ensure the most diverse pool.
The Chair/Director should design a recruitment plan and select appropriate advertisement sources for the posttion.
After reviewing the position for underutilization of minorities and women, the Chair should incorporate a recruitment plan to specifically target underutilized groups. To determine if your job group is underutilized for minorities and/or women, refer to the Underutilization & Employment Goals Chart.
Retention of Application Materials:
All materials received related to the search must be retained for at least 3 years after the search has ended.
Faculty applications are processed only through the college/department and not through Human Resources. Application materials will be received by the appropriate recruiting unit search committee or the department coordinator.
It is recommended that an itemized list of the materials received from each candidate be kept. Each candidate is required to submit a letter of application and vita. Other information may be requested at the discretion of the college/department.