Funding and Scholarship Opportunities for College of the Arts Students!
Dear College of the Arts Students,
We recognize these are extraordinary times. However, we hope you will continue to take advantage of every opportunity to help yourself move forward in pursuing your College of the Arts (COTA) degree.
We are now accepting applications for the Allegro Grant Fund and the Edward C. and Lisbeth A. Fogg Scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year. The deadline to apply is September 19th, 2022.
Allegro Grant Fund
1. College of the Arts full-time student (undergraduate or graduate)
2. A minimum GPA of 2.0 for undergraduates, 3.0 for graduate students
3. Students can apply for up to $500 and must write a short paragraph specifying:
a) the amount they are requesting
b) how the money will pay for arts-related expenses and allow them to make progress towards their degree (possible uses of the funds would include COTA course fees, tuition for COTA classes, graduation application fee, instrument or equipment rental/purchase, supplies, conferences, recitals, exhibitions, film and theater productions, travel related to research/creative activity)
4. Students can only apply once per academic/fiscal year; those who have previously received an Allegro Grant must write a short paragraph explaining the impact of the previous grant
5. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fogg Scholarship (renewable for up to 8 semesters)
1. Undergraduate student
2. Earn and maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA. (If a first-year student, have earned at least a 3.0 GPA in high school and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA at Georgia State.)
3. Major in one of the disciplines offered through the College of the Arts. (If a first-year student, have a demonstrated intent to declare a major in one of the disciplines offered through the College of the Arts.)
4. Have a demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
5. Deadline for the Fogg Scholarship is September 19, 2022.
To apply, you should:
- Log in at gsu.academicworks.com
- Complete the General Application – you don’t need to answer all the questions, but the information you provide might lead to scholarship opportunities outside the College of the Arts
- Click “Finish and Submit” to be automatically directed to the College of the Arts Application
- Answer the questions
- Click “Finish and Submit”
By completing the General Application and the College of the Arts Application, you are indeed applying for the Allegro Grant and the Fogg Scholarship. After applications are reviewed, any grant and/or scholarship money awarded will be credited to your Georgia State University student account.
If you have questions or for more information, please contact Associate Dean Maria Gindhart in the College of the Arts at [email protected]
Thank you and have a wonderful fall semester.
The College of the Arts