Leaders in every profession treasure creativity when hiring new employees because creative thinkers find innovative solutions to complex problems. Georgia State University’s newest college, the College of the Arts, is a destination for students who seek a serious arts education at a major research university in a vibrant downtown setting.
The College of the Arts offers top degree programs in art, music, film, theatre and more. The college connects the students with the Atlanta’s thriving arts scene and booming film and music industries. Through the college’s partnerships with the city’s cultural organizations, students combine their craft with training in entrepreneurship and the latest digital technologies to ensure dynamic, successful careers.
Established in 2016, the college includes the Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design; School of Film, Media & Theatre; School of Music; the Center for Collaboration & Innovation in the Arts (CENCIA) and the Office of Educational Outreach.
By The Numbers
- More than 2,200 Students
- More than 150 Faculty and Part-time Instructors
- 7 Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- 6 Master’s Degree Program
- 4 Doctoral Degree Programs
- 3 Dual/Degree Programs
The Center for Collaboration & Innovation in the Arts (CENCIA) The Center for Collaboration & Innovation in the Arts at Georgia State University brings together artists from diverse disciplines to create dynamic and exciting programming that celebrates the power of the Arts to transform, inspire, and enrich our society. In 2017, the Phi Beta Kappa Society honored CENCIA in Atlanta’s Cities of Distinction Award for its role in introducing emerging arts to new audiences and cultivating the next generation of arts students.
The Office of Educational Outreach is a conduit for artistic excellence and innovation in urban music education. The center connects music faculty and students with the greater educational community to advance the role in music schools and prepare strong leaders to teach in diverse settings.
Connections to Atlanta and the World
- Collaborate with Atlanta arts organizations, businesses, festivals and more.
- Intern and exhibit at Atlanta galleries, museums, alternative art spaces and nonprofits.
- Enjoy more than 300 concerts, recitals, exhibitions, lectures and theatre productions every year through the college.
- Tap into Georgia’s growing $9.5 billion film industry from both sides of the camera through acting, writing, producing, and set and costume design.
- Study abroad in Europe, China and South Africa, and perform in concerts and competitions around the globe.
Faculty and Alumni Accolades
- More than 20 Grammy Awards
- Two Hudgens Prize Winners
- More than 50 artists in the permanent collection of Atlanta’s High Museum of Art
Address: 55 Park Place NE, Suite 910, Atlanta, GA 30303
College of the Arts
Office of the Dean
P.O. Box 3984
Atlanta, GA 30302-3984